Subject: Re: Roll Call
From: "Jorg Willems" <jorg@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 21:29:37 -0500

Roll Call

J=F6rg Willems
Snellville, GA  (30 miles east of Atlanta)
50 years old, Born in Hamburg, Germany, since 1980 in Georgia, USA
In the seventies we lived three years in northern Finland.

Married to pen-pal sweetheart for 29 years now (tough Finnish girl that j=
ust
doesn't give up!)
3 boys - age 18, 20 and 25 (married to another sweet Finnish girl)
2 dogs (Bella and Taco) and 1 cat (Cleopatra)

Education:
MS in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Fachhochschule and University of Hamburg
Specialized in pulp and paper process control and measurements
Currently VP-Engineering and Project Manager for a start-up software
company.

Current equipment:
M6, M3 SS,
M lenses: 21/2.8, 35/1.4, 35/2.0 (with eyes for M3), 50/2.0, 50/1.0
Noctilux, 90/2.8 (Tele-Elmarit),
Visoflex with 65/3.5 Elmar

My wife, Katariina, has R6 and R7,
R lenses: 21/4 Super Angulon, 28 mm/2.8, 35/2.0, 50/1.4,  100/ 4.0 macro,
70-180/2.8 apo zoom, 2X apo extender
Sinar F1, 210 mm Rodenstock, 90 mm Super Angulon, Minolta V flash meter.

I am mainly a LUG lurker, enjoying tremendously the various discussions.
I feel I have little to add and follow the advise of my Mom to be silent =
if
you have nothing smart to say.

Last weekend Katariina and I spent four wonderful days in Kennebunkport a=
the Leica Photo Seminar.  We met a bunch of great people.  Katariina and =
share with Ted the admiration for Tina's pictures.  Besides, she is a ver=
nice lady.
I am a passionate hobby photographer but my wife is more serious.  She
studied two years commercial photography at our local college (Gwinnett
Tech).  She had already her first pictures published in the Atlanta Journ=
al,
has almost every second weekend a wedding (I assist with the reflectors a=
nd
occasionally shooting B/W with M6/Noctilux).  She uses the 70-180 apo for
the formal wedding pictures.  Otherwise she uses a photojournalistic styl=
that people seem to like very much.

Today she uploaded her own web-page.  She did it all by herself.  I'm so
proud of her.  It's still under construction:

http://www.mindspring.com/~kati/

I know that she would appreciate any comments from y'all!

Other interests:
Classical music (regularly concert visits with Atlanta Symphony).  Specia=
interest and favorite composer: Gustav Mahler.
I also play the guitar (in the sixties I performed for three years on the
stage mimicking the Beatles and Rolling Stones)
Audiophile with a Jeff Rowland Research power amp and pre-amp, Apogee Due=
tta
Signature (upgrade)

J=F6rg Willems
Snellville, Ga.