Subject: Re: [Leica] OFF TOPIC: Advice on Computer
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 20:59:22 -0800

Dear Norman:

The first thing I would do is to call Dell and explain that you have not =
had the 30 days to see if the computer would meet your needs.  They =
should be willing to do that.  That will buy you time  to evaluate the =
system.Sounds like a great system.  I think it is a gross overstatement =
to suggest that the Apple system is best.  It seems to have evolved to =
niche market with a lot of problems and little general support.  =
Discussing computers systems is like discussing camera systems.  There =
is no one right answer.  I would suggest you try to buy time to evaluate =
what you have.  If they are unwilling to give you extra time...well, you =
can always buy the same system again if you decide it will best suit =
your overall needs.

Regards, Bill Larsen
a dedicated Gateway PC user who has never used an Apple system