Subject: Re: [Leica] Quantum? Gossen?
From: Charles Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 17:02:58 -0500

Gossen meters can be found at www.bogenphoto.com/gossen_meters.htm

Quantum Instruments has a site at www.qtm.com/98/frmst1.htm but it
doesn't have any info about their ordinary light meters (at least not
that I could find.)  But then their catalog doesn't have much specific
information either.

FYI, I have 2 Gossen meters (Luna Pro SBC and Multi Pro) and the Quantum
Calculite XL.  I like the Quantum a lot for its small size and very
light weight even though it takes s76 batteries that I know I won't be
able to find in the wilderness on a Sunday, which is when they will
die.  The Gossens both take 9 volts.  All three meters give the same
readings outdoors in sunlight, but at lower (room or copy stand) levels
the Quantum consistently reads 2/3 to 1 full stop less light than either
of the Gossens (or my selenium Sekonic, for that matter.)  I called
Quantum to discuss calibration and was told that if it reads correctly
in the sun (sunny 16 rule) then it is in calibration and there's nothing
more they could adjust.