Subject: RE: [Leica] Checking a tripod for resonance
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 16:12:06 -0400

I suppose if you reallllly want to be "anal," you could do with your tripod
what some of the scientists at the Marine Biological Laboratory, in Woods
Hole, MA, do with their microscopes:

Place an inflated inner-tube on a flat surface - floor in the case of a
tripod - place a flat steel plate on the inner tube, errect the tripod on
the steel plate.

Thennnnn do your testing for vibrations.