Subject: Re: [Leica] Re to :Is is possible to use a 90/4 Rokkor for the CLE on a CL.
From: pcb@iac.co.jp (Paul C. Brodek)
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 00:16:50 +0900

Mrhausman & Dominique,

There is one version of the 90/4 Elmar-C and two versions of the 90/4
Rokkor.  The Elmar and the first Rokkor were made by Leica, for the
Leica & Leitz-Minolta CL.  Neither one is multi-coated, and the focus
cam is not identical to that used in Leica M bodies.  The second 90/4
Rokkor was made in Japan by Minolta for the Minolta CLE (Minolta's
updated/electronic version of the CL); this lens is multi-coated and
uses a Leica-M focus cam. =20

Leica has warned that the CL version lenses may not focus accurately
on an M body due to the differing focus cams, but several LUGgers have
reported using CL lenses on M bodies and M lenses on CL bodies with no
associated focusing problems.  I've used a CL version 40/2 Rokkor on
my M6 with no problems.

Regards,

PB

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998 03:56:19 EDT, CESARIGD@aol.com wrote:

>asked by  Mrhausman@aol.com   wed 12 aug
>
>Yes absolutely.
>90/4 Rokkor has a more advanced coating than Leica 90/4 CL.
>It is a good lens,  slightly weaker at f4 than a Tele-elmarit 90/2,8 but=
 equal
>by f8 or f 11.
>BTW 90/4 Rokkor CLE was built by Leica and sold under Minolta brand.
>
>If you may find one in good conditions,   buy it.
>Dominique

Paul C. Brodek
Kobe, Japan
pcb@iac.co.jp