Subject: RE: [Leica] FINALLY: AN HONEST ADMISSION
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 15:21:56 +0200

On Sunday, August 23, 1998 3:15 AM, Harrison McClary
[SMTP:hmcclary@earthlink.net] wrote:
> Bite your tongue.  I personally know for a fact that those of us in the
know use
> the Kodak disposable cameras then say they came from the Leica.

Don't laugh: last week I did beach pictures with such a Kodak thing (the
waterproof one). And, though framing was problematic and has induced many
misses, though aperture speed is too slow to freeze fast action, I have
obtained 2 or 3 prints that could very easily be mixed with similar
'funtime' M prints (it is not ALWAYS time for Velvia). This is NOT a joke:
at standard minilab formats, there are circumstances where Leica and Kodak
disposable images are hard to distinguish from each other...

Friendly regards
Alan
Brussels-Belgium