Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilfochrome Question
From: Ken Iisaka <kiisaka@ms.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:41:43 +0900

Gary Todoroff wrote:

> Tina Manley wrote:
> >  If you plan on doing a lot of Ilfochromes, you should look into the Ilford
>
> > CAP-40 processor.  It's a wonderful machine.
>
> Amen to that! My CAP-40 is great. Only concern is that I must do a lot of
> printing with the two liter P30 chemistry. It's good for the equivalent of
> about 50 8x10's, but you had better do them within five or six days,
> because the chemicals are oxidized by then.

That's excellent.  WIth a drum, I throw away the chemicals after processing one
print, so I get 13 8x10 prints per litre.  Do you replenish the chemistry, or
adjust the processing time/filteration as you exhaust the chemicals?

Now, where do I find a CAP-40?  That's the question.

To keep this discussion on topic, I have many transparencies that I shot with
my M3 (current back in the shop to reglue the rangefinder prism.)