Subject: [Leica] 90 Elmarit-M vs. Tele-Elmarit-M
From: pchefurka@plaintree.com
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 98 15:44:03 -0500

I've owned a thin Tele-Elmarit-M for about 4 months.  I love its size and
the tonality it gives me, and most of the sharpness problems I've had with
it have been my own.  However, after reading all the enthusiastic comments
about the current 90 Elmarit-M, I've been wondering about buying one.

My question is whether there would be a noticeable diffence in image
quality given the way I work.  I shoot exclusively hand-held on color neg
(Reala or RG200), generally at f/4 to f/11.

Can anyone who has used both these lenses comment on the differences in
sharpness, contrast and image structure under these conditions?

Paul Chefurka