Subject: Re: [Leica] New Round Tray Projectors
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 21:52:38 -0500

At 09:29 PM 9/21/98 -0600, you wrote:

>But I could've sworn that either here, on the LUG, or elsewhere, I heard
>folks swearing that their Leica projectors provided superior color rendition
>and lower image distortion than any Kodak + lens combo, and if true, does
>this mean that the new "Leica" projectors represent a downgrade in
>performance?

I don't think so. (Surprised? <G>) When you look at the old Leica RT
projector, it was a singer that was adapted to Leica's needs. The big
difference is in the condensers. They are much better, coated and cut the
heat to a much greater degree than the original Singers. That means longer
life for the slide. And more even light, more brilliant presentation. Or so
Leica would have us believe. and from my experience, Leica's projectors are
better. And their lenses are better than the standard issue Kodaks. But
Buehl (sp?) and Navitar give them a run for the money.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch