Subject: [Leica] New R8 replacement:)
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 06:50:52 -0700

Hi folks,

The replacement for my stolen R8 arrived yesterday with great fan fare! It
was unpacked with great care, held warmly to body as a new love, caressed
gently as my hands felt their way about the smooth and curving body.:)

Make a hell of a fiction writer. :)

Yep got a new one and glad to have it in hand, winder on and working fine
with full matt screen.  Just need to get the old human bod' back up and
running properly and we'll put that black beauty to the test in a few days.

It really is a very solid well feeling camera and having used one from Dec
'96 until its disappearance in Malaysia last month, I can attest to the
wonderful design, feel and operation of the R8.  It's one of a kind and
appreciated far more having used one for nearly two years then not have it,
makes one appreciate fine quality of manufacture even more so.

So once again ready to go forth into battle! :) Now if they'd only hurry-up
with the 35-70 2.8!  By the way guys and gals, if you are interested in
this particular lens the word is, """get your order in early""  they are
not making many  (300) of them for the world market. In Canada there are 5
coming in on the first shipment and they are all taken.

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant