Subject: Re: [Leica] Newest Summicron-M 50mm lens flare
From: pchefurka@plaintree.com
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 98 14:15:10 -0500

That is indeed odd.  My 50 'cron is the most flare-proof lens
I own.  I've even shot full contre-jour with it, and there is no
evidence of flare (unlike my 35, which does flare a bit with the
sun in the frame).

Maybe you should phone one of the repair people that are mentioned
on here - Sherri Krauter, DAG or Reinhold Mueller - tell them about
the problem and see if it's something they could check out for you.

Paul