Subject: [Leica] Re: R8 winder & batteries
From: drodgers@nextlink.net
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 09:41:18 -0800

Eric

>>Speed is more important to me in lenses than film advance.<<

I agree with that. I feel the development of faster films and faster lenses
is as important to photography as the development of faster motor drives
and autofocus.

I jumped into autofocus when it first arrived on the scene in the late
'80s. I started to rely heavily on artificial light. After all, if I'm
going to carry the battery weight for autofocus and a 5 fps motor drive, I
may as well carry and utilize a high-powered flash, right?

Since that time I've made an about face. I got rid of all my autofocus
zooms, I moved to the fastest manual focus primes I could find. I shoot
faster film and use very little artifical light. Granted I gave up some
things that I miss at times. There's given and take in every decision. But
I don't plan on going back.

Dave