Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Winder battery consumption
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 08:00:25 -0600

>But if Howard is having a high rate of battery use, he should have the
>winder and camera checked. As battery drain death hasn't been anything of
>concern in any of the R8's.

There is one more possibility. I used Panasonic batteries the first time in
my winder. They lasted from April through July or August. The second set
didn't last as long. Ran out last week - the very same day my M6's battery
went dead after a year. While I was out of town on assignment. Luckily I
had batteries for the R8, but not the M6. So I kept shooting. :-)

But the other possibility is I've been told that the Duracell batteries of
this type (123) are really inconsistent in performance. So we should
probably note what type of batteries we're using to see if there is a pattern.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist.