Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Winder battery consumption
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 21:44:21 -0800

Greg wrote:

>I don't know what kind of batteries you are using in your winder, but if
>you're not using lithium, you might have a different experience with them.
>a temperature affected winder.

>The one comment I have heard from another R8 user has indicated similar
>results, but perhaps the LUG experience is different.  Based on my personal
>experience, if your R8 winder is eating batteries in normal service, perhaps
>you should have your winder checked.>>>>>

Hi Grerg,

I agree with you, as my R8 winders wind along for some time before I have
to change them and I mean along time! When they die......they just up and
die! And I always carry spares for all the battery driven bits and pieces.

But if Howard is having a high rate of battery use, he should have the
winder and camera checked. As battery drain death hasn't been anything of
concern in any of the R8's.

ted