Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Stigma
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 19:10:39 -0800

Jim Brick wrote:

>There are a few of us, like you, who are not ashamed of the equipment we use.
>
>LUGgers (even me) have been talking about traveling and not seeing many, if
>any, Leicas. Could it be that everybody out there is ashamed and taping
>over their Logo's?
>
>Aaah, the heretic few. No shame. No tape.>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Jim,

Count me as a "shameless heretic first class!" :)

I've never in 49 years of lugging Leica cameras had anyone give me a Leica
snear! First of all, their good fortune!  As I'd have jus kicked them
solidly in the crotch!  I've worked bloody hard to earn the money to buy
and carry Leica's and I'm not about to have some two bit jerk-ass give me a
hard time about a red dot or any other Leica configuration.

Sure there are some mentally challenged users of other camera gear who are
complete rectal orfice's first class, but not one of them has ever had the
balls to make a negative remark about my gear.  Usually it's totally in awe
when I walk in wearing 6 Leicas!  Of course it depends on the assignment
when I'm dressed this fashion.  But even so, one or six, I've never had
anything but admiration of the camera and lenses.

I've had, "Jesus I could by a Mercedes with what you've got hanging there!"
I just smile and say, "Yep!" :)

But then I've grown old enough not to give a hoop what others think, as I
do my thing as best I can and people still hire me and pay well. On
occaision, outrageous amounts to do something I totally love with great
passion.  I can't re-call any  client ever asking me "what kind of camera
do you use?" before an assignment.

But on more then one occaision after they've looked at the completed work,
they have asked. :)

A shameless heretic? Damn right! Red dot and all!
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant