Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: For Sale Postings
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 13:09:16 -0800

Bryan Caldwell wrote:

> The only thing to clearly emerge from the recent discussion regarding Friday
> "for sale" postings is that there is no consensus. There is, however, a
> policy imposed by the operator of the list - sent, I presume, to everyone
> when they join. It reads:
>
> "It is acceptable for individuals occasionally to post advertisements to
> sell
> cameras, and very much acceptable for individuals to post requests to buy
> cameras. Any user who is obviously conducting a business in the sale of
> cameras will be removed from the list."
>
> (Note that the latter part is largely ignored)

snip
Thanks Bryan:
It is great to finally see the rule or lack of one after all this time
and discussion in waves. This and your following logic which I have
sniped here has compleatly won me over.
I'm not looking forward to seeing more posts of for sale stuff over the
week but if there is no rule against it and that is the trend then no
big woof.
I will miss the academic purity and austerity of our intellectual debate.

Speaking of high ideas and cold hard cash:

Instead of stars: *****
I think they should review Movies by how much it would be worth to pay
or be payed to see it.
Mark :-) Rabiner