Subject: Re: [Leica] which M for me
From: Robinsnes@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 21:34:45 EST

I own both, I think I prefer the two stroke. The camera twists less in the
hand when winding. Also, it gives me time to look at what I am shooting (a
lost art I suspect to the motordriven maniacs in the popular mags today). If I
had to make a choice, I would keep the two stroke and sell the onestroke. I do
also have an M4-2 that I bought new many years ago. It has some slow speed
problems, but I like the shutter release and its butter smooth functioning.
Who would you recommend and who did the CLA on yours? Enjoy that 2.8 Elmar.
The testing people may not be too wild about it, but it is wonderful and I
like its flattness when it collapses into my double stroke M3.
Roger
Robin's Nest Photography