Subject: [Leica] M6 pressure plate scratches
From: "Gerry Walden" <photos@gerrywalden.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 07:58:38 +0100

Following the recent posts I have examined film from my new M6 and I am very
disappointed to note that there is no evidence of pressure plate scratches
(or any other kind of scratches) on it.   Should I return it to Leica for
the pressure plate to be roughened in line with current practice (mine is
body 2432###).   In the meantime, it is a joy to use alongside the M3 (which
also doesn't scratch film!)   Am I the only lucky one who has had virtually
no trouble with my Leica kit?

Gerry (UK)