Subject: Subject: [Leica] Re: stinkin MF
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:59:11 -0400

From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Subject: [Leica] Re: stinkin MF

At 10:45 AM 7/11/99 -0700, you wrote:

>If the viewing distance is on the close side maybe your should lean
>toward your "stinkin" 40 when shooting the originals!
>Mark Rabiner
>Isn't the viewing distance the length of the lens times the magnifaction
>of the print?

<I guess I could use barbed wire around each print to "force" the proper
viewing distance... :-) The "viewing" public is not educated in such
intellectual things. No 40 yet. Couple of weeks to go. I don't want to
"lean" too far. Might fall off the edge.>

So if they are not educated, why not just use Photoshop - they'll never
know.  Because if you have to explain why they look so good you'll get 'ohh
that's why' response.  Well the general public - are they so much more
educated on film size?  In any case, they will still be settled when you
tell them it's a larger neg, chrome, but if you tell them it's a 35mm like
the one's they use, they will truly be impressed especially when you tell
them ohh..it was just a snapshot.  Yes, I refer to my M pics as a snapshot -
no tripods, no long ordeal just a snap and then you get it back and it's
more than a snap.