Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Special Edition M6s
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 12:07:49 +0200

Mark,

The poster's suggestions were expensive because he recommended buying Viso and lenses in addition to
what I already have and plan to get. In any event, Visoflex is one step too exotic for me. I am sure it
has a certain attraction for some, but I view it as one of those interesting old accessories that have
little relevance today, with all the excellent reflex cameras and lenses Leica produces. Jim Lager has
a memorable quote on p. 44 of his vol. 3, in the context of the various prototype viewfinders: "If one
contemplates how these finders might handled in use, it is obvious that the arrival of the SLR was
indeed welcome." That is how I feel about the Viso. Please, I do not want to start a flame war; I
recognize that there are many out there who love it. But I prefer to stick with the reflex cameras.
Dedicated tools are best.

Nathan

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Nathan!
> With the exception of the "shift" these lenses you are mentioning using and
> liking all sound like Viso focal lengths! That joking suggestion that was made
> yesterday about the Viso sounds less silly. I thought it made sense yesterday
> even. It was said by it's "poster" that it was an "expensive" suggestion but I
> was not aware that Viso lenses cost more than R lenses. I thought they cost
> less. But less "cutting edge" to match. Anyway I guess you are more flattered
> than perturbed by all the attention the goings on on the insides of your camera
> bag has gotten with me the fomenter!
>
> Some of us wish that Leica lenses were still made to unscrew from its base for
> use on Viso, bellows, other cameras, the front door.
> Anything to simplify our operation. This stuff may be small but it sure is heavy!
> I think they should make a Batman style utility belt specifically for Leica
> lenses. A big rope with a boomerang to shoot out would be OK too.
> Mark Rabiner

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium