Subject: Re: [Leica] printer advice
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 21:57:59 +0200

Hi Andreas,

Without any doubt you should buy one of the latest generation Epson printers. I
have the Photo 700, which has now been replaced by the 750, with the main
advantage being smaller ink drops. There is also the 1200 (I believe) that can
print up to A3 (the 750 prints up to A4).

When you print B&W, be sure to use the colour cartridge, not just the B&W one.
Also, there is a company that sells archival quadtone inks and corresponding
papers which supposedly will give you truly photo quality prints that also last.
I have just ordered some of their stuff but it has not arrived yet. The URL is:

http://www.missupply.com/store.cgi

Happy printing!

Nathan

Andreas Frijdal wrote:

> Dear Lugfriends
>
> I am into digital too. I got a Nikon LS 30 coolscan and need a printer (my
> HPdeskjet 660C, is no good) . I saw some of you have the Epson Stylus or EX,
> some new models came on the market recently.
>
> My question: I will continue to work mostly in B&W with my Leicas: what
> would you suggest as a entry level printer which has comparable quality to a
> darkroom print
>
> Thanks
>
>  Dr Andreas Frijdal
> Casalmonte