Subject: Re: [Leica] Ramblings from Bangkok
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 18:23:03 -0700

Welcome back, Ian! It's always great fun looking for where you will pop up
next. Perhaps the "subdued" list is because we are taking Ted's advice and
shooting more photos instead of just blathering away here (albeit,
intelligent, meaningful blathering, of course!)

I've been spending hours in the darkroom, to the detriment of LUG
correspondance. It was exciting to have 20 of my Cibachromes hanging
alongside original Ansel Adams black and whites for an exhibit last month.
Also, the brand new local Holiday Inn Hotel bought 180 of my 16x20
Cibachrome landscapes for their rooms and lobby - sort of a "gateway to the
redwoods" theme for their location north of Eureka. And I just sold five
local landscapes to an *famous* restaurant up in Crescent City -
MacDonald's!

Most of the work was taken with Leica M6 - when you do everything right on
Velvia, and use a Leitz Focomat, too, it's amazing how beautifully a 35mm
transparency enlarges to 16x20.

Anyway that is some of what I have been doing, Ian. We're looking forward to
hearing about your latest adventures.

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger