Subject: Re: [Leica] Metering (was User report 25 Skopar)
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 12:19:13 -0500

On 9/3/99 10:14 AM dwpost@email.msn.com wrote

>I like 'darker' and more
>saturated, and a co-worker would swear that I underexposed by a stop!
>I don't think it is the meter on the M6 as much as it is the subjective
>judgment behind the viewfinder! I would say- if it works for you, and you
>get the results you like, make whatever adjustment is necessary!
>I would daresay, that if we had ten LUGgers at a confab, taking pictures of
>the very same scene, that no two would 'see' it exactly the same way, or
>meter it the same way!

Dan you are quite correct.  At the office here we shoot almost
exclusively Velvia.  I tend to choose darker chromes than my fellow
photographer.  The difference is usually only 1/2 stop, but is quite
noticable on chrome.  Of course we are trying to second guess the
printer...will this print too dark??? maybe we should go with the lighter
cause they never get it right and better too light than too dark... me
being the belligerent crass fool I am say to h*** with them, they can
match my damn slide!!  Of course in the end I end up going with the
lighter one cause I know they can't match my slide and the dark one will
just get ruined...

Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net