Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Current Events
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 15:06:29 -0400

At 09:51 AM 9/7/1999 -0700, Roger Beamon wrote:
>Isn't this in conflict with the lay person's concept of a cornerstone
>of our system in the US, i.e. the presumption of innocence until
>proven guilty?

Not at all, Roger. My comments were on the use of the word "innocence",
which has a broader meaning than "not guilty".  To a Christian, Jesus was
"innocent" -- born without sin, and so forth.  "Not guilty" simply means
the government couldn't prove that so-and-so committed such-and-such a
crime.  This finding says nothing about the defendant's state of grace.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!