Subject: Re: [Leica] Recent photo trip to Olympic National Park
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 23:22:23 -0500

At 02:09 PM 9/14/99 -0700, Mark E Davison wrote:
>It made me think that the current crop of point and shoots are too
>specialized. They take great flash snap shots of people (if you don't mind
>the startled-deer aesthetics), but they are often worthless for scenery. Why
>can't we bring back the reasonable-cost pocket range finders of the 70's
>(like the Olympus RC or the Cannonette)?

I just saw an exhibit at the local camera store. A woman who shoots with an
ancient pocket camera like that shoots with Fuji 800. I was amazed at her
pictures. They were all printed by a custom lab in Kansas City - Custom
Color. The prints were gorgeous. The compositions were terrific. Well, most
of them. And the quality of the image only fell apart on closer
examination. Goes to show what one can do with a simple camera and a good eye!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Common sense is that layer of prejudices laid down in the mind prior to the
age of eighteen. - Albert Einstein