Subject: [Leica] SF meet & Greet! :)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 07:36:50 -0700

Hello Folks,

Just great to get away for a quickie R&R, only to come home to 589 posts
with so much stuff to wade through. Deleted a mega pile, so it was not too
bad.:)

Nothing like a good old fashioned warm hearted hand shake with a fellow
LUGGITE, who has been only text on the screen for several years! :)

Just a wonderful experience. It also points up that if you shoot your mouth
off ripping a member all to rat sh---t then meet him or her face to face,
you don't have to feel all embarassed and feeling like a damn fool for
being such a blithering dummy! And that goes both ways.

Jim Brink and I have exchanged many a note and I finally came face to face
with someone whom I've admired a very long time on the LUG! His wife Jenny,
along with Leica rep Tom Brichta and Angela and my wife Irene enjoyed a
wonderful Leica/LUG gabfest over dinner.

The womenfolk were very tolerant and let us roll on about Leica bits and
pieces and LUGLIFE (noding their heads) on occaison with disapproval when
some of the idiot LUG topics came up.

My apologize to the many LUG members in the Bay area that I would have
liked to have met. However, this was truly a very short time quiet R&R as
this was for my wife to "do her thing" as I promised.  You just have to do
this once in awhile, considering, that 99% of the time during the past 50
years of being married to a world trotting photojournalist who travelled
without her.

But, "I shall return!" :) Then we can LUG out!:)

For those of you who have not enjoyed the wonderful face to face experience
first time meeting with a LUG family member, let me assure you they are
wonderful heart warming events!

Finally a face, a voice and a warm hand shake! A nice emotional experience
like finally meeting a long lost brother or sister for the first time. At
parting, You find yourself wanting to get back together and share so much
more of life with our Leicas and friendly conversation.

Just thought you family members who've not had the experience, would like
to share with us a nice friendly hand shake.:)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant