Subject: Re: [Leica] Kriegsmarine U Boat Contax
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:39:46 -0500

At 07:29 AM 11/23/1999 -0800, Stephen wrote:
>Not sure about the Contax,  but the US Navy did have a Kodak 35 periscope kit
>during W.W.II, along with a portable darkroom which disassembled compactly
in a
>wooden box.

I suspect this is exceedingly rare, as SUBPAC vetoed use of the kit after,
I recall, one mission.  The sailors found it just didn't work, and it was
rapidly replaced with the Bentzin Primarflex set I mentioned earlier.

See, inter multa alia, Roscoe's PIGBOATS (aka, SUBMARINE OPERATIONS IN
WORLD WAR II) for discussion.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!