Subject: [Leica] Bags
From: "Rod Fleming" <rodfleming@sol.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:40:04 -0000

Laurent wrote

>> Someone told me about the billingham bag. Does anyone know these bag, and
> which one woul be convenient for me ?>>>>>

I have used Billinghams for - Lemme see- 12 years now. Very very tough
indeed.

However, the Billingham is I believe adapted from an angler's satchel, and
it shows. They are  expensive and really look the part, but are not well
enough padded and the internal compartments are dismal. The pockets are hard
to get into, and because they are made of non-breathable materials, they can
make the gear "sweat" in damp conditions. In addition the straps are made of
canvas and - wait for it, this is true- wear through!

No question about their durability and longevity, but when mine die off I'll
be looking elsewhere.

Cheers

Rod