Subject: Re: [Leica] First Y2K Bug
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 22:13:21 -0800

Dan K wrote:
>I wonder if this Y2K thing is all a big con?>>>>>

Hi Dan,

there may have been some legitimate concern, however, the good ole media
hyped it totally out of context and the people who were going to make mega
bucks out of it just fuelled the fires of Y2K hell every time they had an
opportunity to stoke it.

And in this day an age of electronics it's a piece of cake to hype the
world into total hysteria over ants building bigger and better ant hills!

As far as I'm concerned the world has been fed a pile of BS and suckered
big time. As PT Barnum said, "there's a sucker born every minute" Well the
Y2K and panic pumpers knew they had a world full of suckers and took it for
all it was worth.

Unfortunately, I had my first Y2K bug last evening shooting the
preparations for the big night of activity and shot a slide roll on one
frame. How? I inadvertently switched the multiple exposure lever on the R8
over to....multiple expose! So thirty plus frames on frame one! :(

But that's life, but what really tickets me off is I now have to wait
another 1000 years for a reshoot! ;)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant