Subject: [Leica] (N)Ever-ready case question
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 07:33:25 -0700 (MST)

I just recently picked up an older brown leather case, with the 1/4"
screw, to protect my M's body in transit. The case appears to be designed
to fit a lens with the eyes attached.
On the rewind knob side, there is a small slot or holder, about 1 3/4"
deep, 3/4" wide, and able to hold something a little under 1/4" thick. At
first I thought it might be for sticking a film carton end in, but the
dimensions are all wrong, and the case has a window so the film dial can
be seen.

Does anyone know what the purpose of this small pocket is?
Thanks in advance
Noel Charchuk