Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica viability & Cambridge Instrument Company PLC
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 15:17:24 -0500

At 05:44 PM 1/28/2000 +0100, dominique pellissier wrote:

>If I remember, Marc, the LMBO was planned by Bruno Frey, the CEO of Leica
>Camera, but never executed. The swiss holding changed its strategy and
>prefered to control Leica by keeping a narrow majority of shares. Frey
>dismissed.
>BTW if the Leica stock increased, there is an explanation : the planned
>repurchase of stoks by the holding.

Well, first, it hasn't been a "Swiss" holding company since 1988 or so,
when Cambridge Instrument Company PLC bought them out.

Second, Bruno Frey was one of the main players at the time.

See the intro to Laney's LEICA COLLECTORS GUIDE, or the various articles in
the LHSA's VIEWFINDER, for details.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!