Subject: [Leica] Adjustable selective metering?
From: Kenneth Epstein <kepstein@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 09:10:16 -0500

I am a new Leica user, and I have been reading the Leica M Compendium by
Jonathan Eastland.  In reference to the chapter on metering (7.1), he states
that by changing the frame preselector lever, the metering area is also
modified (i.e. switch to 135 mm and get a spot meter).  Is this indeed how
the metering works, and if so how does the meter know the area to use
between the two frames which are selected for each setting?

I might add, that when metering a scene with alternating light and dark
areas, changing the frame selector does not seem to alter the meter reading.

Kenneth Epstein
<mailto:kepstein@mediaone.net>