Subject: Re: [Leica] Friday for Sale: Voigtlander Bessa R and 75mm lens
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@sierratel.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 15:28:51 -0700

Ken,

This is fascinating.  I looked at your description of the camera and there has
already been changes in the Bessa R.  I believe you list your serial number as
00101376.  Mine is 00001524.  The immediate difference that I see is that your
version has a green LED indicating correct exposure.  Mine has a red "round"
led for the same indication.  I cannot immediately tell if there are any other
differences.

I might add that the Bessa R is working out wonderfully for me.  So far,
though, we have only put 11 rolls of film through it.  I have done about five
and my family has shot the other six.  Everything is working perfectly.  This
is first time my family has been willing to use a rangefinder camera.  They
find it quite easy and, particularly in loading, very familiar to what they
are used to.  I am using the 35/1.7 lens with which I am very enchanted.

But, as you say, it does not feel like a Leica.  I agree that the rangefinder
is equal and superior in some situations.  Anyway, it is doing what I expected
it to do (introduce my family to the "rangefinder way").  Now if I just had
the manual in English....

Regards, Bill Larsen
ohlen@sierratel.com

Replies: Reply from ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com> (Re: [Leica] Friday for Sale: Voigtlander Bessa R and 75mm lens)