Subject: [Leica] Re: Wedding photography
From: Doug Nygren <dnygr@cshore.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 08:19:59 -0400

Once in a while I take wedding or Bar/Bat Mitzvah photos for friends.
Helping out my friends has helped me appreciate these special event
photographers. I have found it stressful. There are worries about
equipment and the desire to meet others' expectations. At one event
while I was taking a family photo, it became clear to me that the
grandfather wanted a certain type of photo. It was clear to me that he
was a tyrant, and that his son, ie. my friend, would be in trouble if I
didn't get the photo granddad wanted. Sweat began to pour down my back.
Can be hard work this special event photography. These photographers
earn their money though I'm glad I don't do it often.

doug nygren

Replies: Reply from "Hugh Thompson" <painfree@istar.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: Posing - weddings, groups etc)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Wedding photography)