Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: velvia vs. provia
From: "leicar8" <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 08:15:55 -0700

I agree with you, Harrison! I love 100SW and 100VS. Frankly, I'm tired of
seeing photographs in photo magazines shot with Velvia, for I, too, find it
too contrasty and over-used. 100VS has been giving me outstanding results
with my R and M lenses and has none of the excessive saturation Velvia
produces. My father recently exposed 6 rolls of Velvia with his M2 and 35
f/2 Summicron during a vacation in Ireland and I got bored with the heavy
green tones it produced while watching his slide show. (I also found tedium
setting in while watching slides exposed with only the 35 mm lens. I've
begged him to shoot with other M focal lengths but he won't budge.)

Terry

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: velvia vs. provia)