Subject: [Leica] Re: why shoot black and white film?
From: Peter Niessen <niessen@ifh.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:17:55 +0200 (METDST)

Dear all,

I recently gave BW to a professional printer for a brochure in BW
(blue-whithe). She said for monochrome things, it's better to have BW
masters because the colour masters will not translate well into
greyscales. This is what I noticed also with my own scans and prints
on BW printers. Also, when graduating from high school, people handed
in color prints which afterwards looked like ortho film - Either black
or white without any grey inbetween. I guess, BW makes still sense.

Cheers, Peter.