Subject: Re: [Leica] It's all about M's
From: Axel Schwieker <axel@baer.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 23:41:20 +0200

Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> Axel Schwieker wrote:
>
> > This accuracy is of _no_ use if the smallest exposure adjustment you can
> > do on a M is 1/2-stop. 1/4 stop shutter+meter accuracy is enough.
>
> I believe the Konica's electronic shutter is stepless.

So the 1/1000 f-stop accuracy makes sense with the Hexar but not
necessarily on the M Leicas, because you canb only adjust 1/2 f-stops
anyway. And in consequence a combined inaccuracy of 1/4 f-stop is no
disadvantage in the design of the M Leicas.

> However, using both the Konica and the Leica as
> complementary bodies, rather than the Konica as a replacement for the
> Leica, may make the most sense.

No Question, in the end it all boils down to personal preferences. But
to say that the Hexar is superior to the M6, as Dante tried to tell us,
is either ignorant or some kind of heavy trolling.

Axel

Message from Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] It's all about M's)