Subject: RE: [Leica] quiet cameras in cathedrals?
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 18:36:57 +0100

B.D., Greg,

This point of 'would we do it at home' was one I thought I'd like to pick
up... (roll eyes now!)

Going back to the original post regarding 'taking pictures in some church
in a foriegn country during a service', that's something we'd never dream
of doing at our local place of worship - without prior arrangement. It's
contemplatable (elsewhere) because we don't live there and our image of
ourself, and that seen of ourselves, is excused in some way.

This takes me back to one of Jim's posts years ago, where he asked, "Would
we talk like this to each other if we knew each other in person?"
(paraphrased, apologies Jim)
In this context what I'd draw from that is to ask, 'Do we treat people in a
foriegn land int he same way as those at home?'
(rhetorical question, no response needed)

Jem