Subject: Re: [Leica] Bryan Adams the singer uses a Leica
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 17:25:31 -0700

Peter,

I have a copy of the Yul Brynner book you mentioned. It's called "Yul
Brynner: Photographer" published by Harry N. Abrams, Inc., New York, in
1996. It was compiled after Brynner's death by his daughter, Victoria. In
the attic of Brynner's last home in France, she found boxes of slides and
prints which she edited down to the selections in the book. Brynner was a
very serious photographer all of his life and was good friends with many of
the most widely respected photographers of his day.

This really is a wonderful book for those who like the "Leica style" of
photography. I find that of all my photography books it is probably the one
I take down and thumb through the most often. Brynner not only photographed
the environment in which he worked, but he did so as an insider, not an
outsider.

Highly recommended,

Bryan