Subject: [Leica] Leica CLA
From: ISILVERMN@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 23:58:01 EST

Hi All:

I recently had my M4 CLA'd by Steve Choi at the Camera Service Center in
Culver City, CA.  I cannot recommend them highly enough.  The camera was
returned in near-immaculate condition, shutter speeds accurate to within 1/3
f-stop (referenced against a Gossen Luna-Pro F SBC), viewfinder crystal
clear, everything looking and sounding like new.  Steve even replaced the two
button-thingies in the corners of the back door that disappeared many years
ago.  He also relubricated my 35/2 Summicron and eliminated the "wobble" it
had developed in the barrel.  His price was reasonable and the work was
completed sooner than expected -  3 weeks rather than the 4-6 weeks promised.
 Steve warrants all repairs for 6 months.

I also had my MR-4 meter repaired for a mechanical problem by George Milton
at Quality Light-Metric. Also recommended, although more expensive than
anticipated.

For reference:

Stephen Choi
Camera Service Center