Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - how to spell 'lens'
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:33:46 -0800 (PST)

Martin Howard wrote:

Ray Moth jotted down the following:

> And what about the spelling of "its", often miss-spelled "it's"? I
> suppose I'm being pedantic but this really irritates me. "Its"
denotes
> possession; "it's" is an abbreviation of "it is".  For example: "It's
> time the dog ate its food."  "That house lets in water through its
roof
> whan it's raining."

Yeah, know what you mean.  And people who write "whan" instead of
"when", now *that* *really* makes me mad!

;) ;) ;)

M.
I like to lead with my chin (which, being oversized, should never be
photographed with anything shorter than 90mm), because I'd rather be
flamed than ignored, if you know whet I mean ;-)

Regards,

=====
Ray