Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA Meeting
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 07:51:37 -0500

> Being the editor of a "cheap newsletter from the 60's" myself, I can
> understand that what is achieved by the LHSA (and their society) through
> using volunteer effort rather than professional, is incredible in
> comparison to the many other societies I've been in. I think they deserve
> encouragement and assistance in trying to change things, if people want
> things changed.
>
> I would not like to suggest:
>  Raising subscriptions to double or treble their present rate in order to
> pay for the professional staff required to run the society.
>
> Jem

Good points. But I doubt that doubling the annual dues from $45 to $90 or
even treble to $135 would allow for a professional staff. First reason is
the LHSA membership is not very high now and second once the dues were
doubled many people would drop out. Paid advertising seems like the only
solution to improve the Viewfinder.

Steve
Annapolis

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] LHSA Meeting)