Subject: [Leica] chess players / pro wrestlers in washington square park
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 01:23:49 -0500 (EST)

>I decided to go blow some film. (PKR) of the street near where I work.
>(6th and Mission) There are a bunch of chess players on the street.
>
>So I took all three trusty Leica M6s and started shooting.
>
>Not more then 5 minutes and a gentleman (I use the term loosely)

last summer i tried to photograph some chess players in washington square
park, one guy jumped up and clapped his hand over my camera lens and
another guy started shrieking at me -- the guy with his hand over my lens
said "you better get out of here now, some of these guys are crazy."

there's something to be said for getting to know your subjects before you
photograph them. i guess if i wanted to really do it, i should have spent
a week there without my camera first.

eh, who needs a superficial photo anyway....

kc

Replies: Reply from john <bosjohn@mediaone.net> (Re: [Leica] chess players / pro wrestlers in washington square park)