Subject: Re: [Leica] LEE'S PAW
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 19:57:56 -0700

Andrew Schroter wrote:

>>> Could the tilt be the result of perspective problems that occur when
linear
> objects such as architectural photos of buildings are photographed?  The
> Super Angulon lenses with their perspective correction feature are
designed
> to address this issue.<<<<

Hi Andrew,

No not at all, as this effect comes from tilting the camera very slightly
forward from one corner only. It's as though a person is standing perfectly
straight and then they very slightly lean their right shoulder forward, but
not the rest of the body.

It's a common thing that happens with handling the M camera. I'm not sure
why, but possibly due to the right hand unconsciously creating the tilt due
to releasing the shutter.
But it does happen and that's what created the strange lean effect of the
building.

If Lee had tilted the camera equally upwards or downwards the building would
have changed equally on both sides, not just the one side as in this photo.
ted

Message from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] LEE'S PAW)
Message from Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net> (Re: [Leica] LEE'S PAW)