Subject: Re: [Leica] mediocre photographers into good photographers...
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:36:44 -0400

There is a flip side to this.  Take someone starting out with a good eye and
mediocre equipment and give them first rate glass and please step out of the
way.  When I was teaching a B&W class I loaned an SL/50Cron to one of my
students whose camera had died.  What he turned in for his final project was
simply stunning.  It wasn't just that the images were sharper, it was that
he seemed to meld with the equipment and his vision expanded.

So, yes a very talented photographer can make most junk create wonderful
images, and great gear won't turn average eyes into Abel, but in the middle
group of talented people great gear can expand the vision especially if that
gear fits the working style of the photographer.

more pfennigs into the fire

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] mediocre photographers into good photographers...)