Subject: Re: [Leica] confirmation of starting development times was fun projects
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 06:49:18 -0700

Don Dory wrote:

> Surprisingly enough, I'm also going to be in the darkroom again for the
> first time in five years.  I will be trying to nail down base development
> times for three films; Pan F plus, Delta 400 new, and Neopan 1600.
>
> So, for those on the list who do this are the below times a good starting
> point for small tank development.  Also assume a desire for a slightly thin
> negative but with shadow detail.  Also assume a 21C temperature.
>
> Xtol 1:3 at least 100ml stock per 80sq inches film.
> Pan F              50EI      10 minutes
> Delta 400        650EI    16 minutes
> Neopan 1600 1600EI   13 minutes
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> Don
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

Xtol 1:3 is my main soup

I give Xtol 1:3
Neopan 1600 1600EI  which i shot a roll of last night with my new lens 12 minutes
	70 degrees agitation once per minute metal tank and i do a water presoak for a
few minutes.
And my negs are not thin they are plenty meaty.

And 16 is my time agreeing with yours on the Delta.

Pan F around 11 but let me suggest instead Delta 100 at 100 for 14 minutes in
Xtol 1:3
it's as clear, grainless and high res as Pan F in Rodinal 1:50 ever was!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/