Subject: Re: [Leica] Two more scans (Oh no!)
From: "George Kenney" <georgekenney@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 22:40:45 -0400

I probably wouldn't want to put up more scans if all I had to go on
was the discussion here, but as many of you know there's more
going on than that! In particular I'd like to thank the several hundred
people who took time to look at my Soapstone Valley scan, posted
about ten minutes after the controversial Leica pinhole shot, even
though -- rather surprisingly I thought-- nobody had anything to say
about the latter.

In case you missed that one, its URL is:

The two new scans:

and

are also a couple older negatives. Film on the truck I developed
myself, film on the baker was done in a lab. These shots were
taken with either the current 75 or current 90 or some combination
thereof. I can't remember.

What I'm finding, for those of you not yet into scanning, etc., is that
manipulation of the scan can -- even for a beginner -- be much
easier and, more importantly, much more exact with the computer
than with the enlarger. I'm really looking forward to the Piezography
folks getting their aftermarket kit available for my printer (the Epson
1280), sometime in September/October. According to them the
piezo tonal range is far greater than what can be obtained in a wet
darkroom. I suspect this may be true, but remain to be convinced
until I see the piezo print.

G.

Replies: Reply from "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Two more scans (Oh no!))