Subject: Re: [Leica] The great slide show software search (long)
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 12:38:26 -0700

Ubuiquity is important.  In the case of deployment on the web, you want to
have the best chance that the viewer will be able to see your presentation
without downloading anything.  Acrobat reader is everywhere.

Is it possible to synchronize audio?  I understand that you can embed a
sound on a page, but a key feature for is the ability to have the slide
transitions synched with an audio track, just like we used to do with tape
decks and multiple projectors.  You don't want a break in the audio whenever
a slide changes.  You've seen those Ken Burns documentary productions on
PBS, where hoe shows old photographs, with background music and narration on
top?  That's what I'm after, but at a resolution that is high enough (at
least 1024x768) to be projected with pleasing results.

- --Jim