Subject: Re: [Leica] Ruined slides -- I've had it now
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 06:14:59 -0700

Hi Pascal,

Old buddy just bite the bullet and accept you've lost some good images.
:-( Been there, done this and the only thing one gets is, "We're sorry for
this situation please accept this roll of film as a replacement."

And that's it my friend! :-(

Lawyers and great arguments will not likely get you anywhere, maybe two
rolls instead of one, but that's it.

Every and any lab I've had process film have a disclaimer somewhere on their
packaging or hanging on the wall as notification of ... "we accept no
responsibility for damage to the film etc etc etc"  Bottom line has always
been we trust they will not screw-up! Sometimes it happens and it's Murphy's
law it will always be the best roll!

I'd take a run at them with a strongly worded letter about poor service and
some serious expected compensation, you might receive two rolls instead of
one for the one lost.

But forget going to a lawyer and blowing a big hole in your pocket book,
save the money, take the replacement film and saved legal fees and return to
the shoot location and try to recover whatever you lost. If that is
possible.

The sooner you put it behind you, the sooner you'll get on with life and
back to solid picture taking.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant