Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 40 - Oktoberfest
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 06:23:22 +0200

Thank you, Ted!

I did focus on picture-taking, because the event is, as you write, incredibly
photogenic. I was there for about 3 hours and shot 4 rolls, two each of Provia
and Delta 400. To be honest, the beer itself is rather ordinary, certainly
nothing special compared to Belgian beer, but the atmosphere and the
friendliness of everyone was truly wonderful.

This year's crowds were supposedly much smaller than usual, but it looked pretty
crowded all the same. Taking pictures was no problem, at one point a security
guard asked me to move because I was standing in a passage used by the
waitresses to get in and out of the kitchen area, and I just had a brief
friendly chat with him and moved on.

Nathan

Ted Grant wrote:

> > Oktoberfest in Munich and drink the golden brew from 1-liter mugs. <<<<
>
> Hi Nathan,
> The Oktoberfest in Munich is without question one of the all time great
> photo ops in the world, quite incredible because it's all fun and folks
> having a good time. :-)
>
> Of course a few liters of beer help the jovial fun lovin' time for good
> pictures very much, as it loosens inhibitions and as long as you're clicking
> with a Leica you can hardly go wrong. :-)
>
> The tough part shooting a  magazine feature on it for a week is not to
> become one of the revelers!
>
> My one occasion which included one evening of total fun lovin' "like ouch
> the next day" I shot 80 rolls of film in 5 working days and nights, colour &
> B/W. But it's a wonderful film burning event and anyone who's never attended
> should plan to be in Munich next year for a smashing good holiday of picture
> taking including some fine beer drinking time! :-)
>
> Be assured, if you stay serious about the picture taking you'll go home with
> some very fine uninhibited wonderful warm people pictures and without a
> doubt, a better understanding of fine German beer! ;-)
>
> Nice pictures posted and makes me wish I'd spent some time there with you.
> Actually we are using a couple of images from my shoot in one of the Leica
> Seminar presentations next week.
>
> Good shooting as always Nathan.
> ted
>
> Ted Grant Photography Limited